Well, first of all, I guess I should introduce this, shouldn’t I?
The blog isn’t about me, or the other writers. It’s about what we want to do, to give back to you guys.
There are huge gaps in the levels of education that people get. Some get amazing levels of support and advice, others, not so much. Mathematical Mischief (this blog), is being built to counteract that. To help even the playing field for all students, to provide a way for all students to learn or teach themselves something valuable, something useful to their education. To provide not only support and materials that will hopefully beneficial for revision and learning, but also free.
As more writers get stuck to this blog, I’m hoping we can gain a variety of different writers. While most of the time, I’ll be posting, there are other people, floating around, posting math related things. Not necessarily maths worksheets (that’s primarily my focus), but where maths can be applied in real life (which sounds tricky, but it isn’t as bad as you think).
I’m based in Australia, so I’ll be basing the tutorials and worksheets I do based on the Australian Curriculum. Some of the names of the resources may be different to what you expect, but, in essence, they’re the same thing. I’ll cover other maths topics, if you’d like, all you have to do is ask, 🙂
The stuff that does pop up on this blog may seem entirely random. we might post things in a strange, illogical form that you just might go ‘What?’ at. Keep in mind, it’s only a small team, and going in one straight line would take us an incredibly large amount of time that really, we don’t have (and nor do you). Requesting things will be the best way that can get us to specialise on the areas that you’re concerned about, and we’re sorry if what you’re looking for isn’t here at the moment.
I’m hoping that one day, with a bit of hard work and direction, that this becomes a resource that people can utilise for all sorts of purposes with maths, whether it be a revision tool, homework tool, support too, or an example tool. With your help, you can help the blog achieve that goal.
In saying all the things we want to do, though, we need your help. While a team can make a difference, it takes support to get the job done. I’ll be chipping away at all sorts of topics while I work on this blog, but if you need something specific, or want to get help for a specific topic, there are a few ways you can do it.
- Follow the blog – It means a lot to know that people support us, and the more followers we get, the more people see our posts. 🙂
- Use the ‘Questions‘ page: Best way to get in touch with me, I’ll generally respond within two days or so. Keep in mind, everybody is in different time zones, so I may not necessarily be online when you are.
- Leave a comment – If you leave a comment on a post, I will see it, and I can contact you there, too. It might seem a bit odd that I ask for a contact email, but it’s to make sure you’re actually human, and not just spamming.
- If you would like to contribute towards this blog, and become a writer, or just submit materials once in a while, hit up the Contact form, or alternatively, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign the Guestbook, or find us on Facebook or Twitter (links are in the header) – This way, others will see it, and take a look at the resources. 🙂
- Request it! – The single best way to get something on here that isn’t already. I love it when people contact me on the blog, it tells me that people are in contact, and want to know about the blog more, and that’s a great thing, 🙂
This is going to be one crazy ride. But I hope you’ll bear with me, and hopefully, one day, this will make a difference. 🙂
All the best!